Poster Presenters Resources
Resources to help student scholars with their in-person poster presentations.
The Symposium is a professional event all presenters are asked to dress in business casual attire. Men should wear a button-down shirt, collared shirt, or polo shirt, tie/blazer are optional; women should wear a nice blouse, and a blazer is optional. If you do not have professional attire, you can reach out to the Career Center to access their R'Closet for professional clothing options for students.
Arrival and Poster Set-Up
11:00 AM Presenters: Plan to have your poster hung between 9:30 & 10:30 AM. Then be at your poster 5-10 minutes before your presentation time.
12:30 PM Presenters: Plan to have your poster hung between 12:00 & 12:15 PM*. Then be at your poster 5-10 minutes before your presentation time.
*If you cannot come to hang your poster during the designated time, you can drop off your poster at 9:30 and a staff member will hang your poster.
Poster Printing Options
- Digital Print Services - UCR Campus Business Services
Large Format Posters, Signs & Banners | UCR Campus Business Services
Lead time: approx. 3 days
Price: Estimated $81.12 for 48 in. x 48 in. (satin finish photo paper)
- Payment method: credit card
- Addl. $8.50 for a tube
- Order form
Pickup: Auxiliary Design Services (Bannockburn Village H101, Monday-Friday from 10AM to 4PM)
Contact info: Mindy Moore, Marketing Coordinator: (951) 827-4792
- Auxiliary Design Services: (951) 827-4318
2. Poster Printing Services - Orbach Library (1st floor, Room 121)
Poster Printing Plotter Policies
Lead time: Depends on appointment time.
- Walk-in also available Mon-Fri 11AM-3PM but is subject to staff availability
- Schedule an appointment
Price: $20 for 42 in. x up to 48 in. (& 0.25 in. border on each side)
- Payment method: Bear Bucks
Contact info: Margarita Yonezawa, RS Dept. Assistant: (951) 827-6423
3. Design & Print Custom Posters Online | FedEx Office
Lead time: 1-2 days
- If shipping, usually under 1 week
Price: Around $75 for 36 in. x 48 in. (~$69 plus tax)
- Shipping seems to cost a minimum of $10
Pickup Locations within 10 mi of UCR:
- 6095 Magnolia Ave: (951) 682-4200
- 2694 Canyon Springs Pkwy: (951) 413-1852
- 1440 South E St (San Bernardino): (909) 381-6282
- 10051 Magnolia Ave: (951) 687-1023
UCR PowerPoint Templates
You are encouraged to use UCR Branded Assets when creating your poster. You can access UCR logos and ppt templates at brand.ucr.edu/downloadable-assets
Poster size must be on 3' or 4' (height) by 4' (width) poster paper. No posters should be larger than 4' x 4'.
- Title: Place your title at the top of the poster and make sure that the text is at least 2 inches in height.
- Collaborators: presenter name & major, faculty mentor & department, other collaborators & institutional affiliations
- What is the problem/topic and why is it important?
- Design & Methods
- Conclusions & Implications
- Contact information/QR Code
- Do not use more than two fonts; instead add depth with bold, italic, or different font sizes.
- Suggested typefaces: Times New Roman, Arial, and Garamond.
- The body type for the main sections should be at least 18 points and should be large enough to read from three feet away. Edit, review, and spell-check all the elements of your poster display.
- Incorporate appropriate graphics in your poster. Label or describe any charts, tables, figures, graphs, or photos that you use and make sure all edges line up evenly.
- Use a color scheme that is easy to view and is consistent with your white space between sections of text, figures, and headings.
- It is best to prepare and practice a five-minute summary speech about your project This is an excellent networking opportunity, so it is important to interact professionally and be willing to answer questions.