Research Symposium 2021
The Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity Symposium provides the opportunity for undergraduates across the disciplines to share their research and creative activities with the UCR community. Students may present their work in a variety of ways, such as oral presentations, poster sessions, art exhibits, performances, and electronic media.
This year the symposium will be conducted remotely due to ongoing COVID-19 precautions. Sessions will run from 10am to 5pm on May 12th and 13th. Sessions on the 12th will be 'Emerging Research' or research that was incomplete or near completion due to the pandemic. Creative Activities presentations will also be conducted on May 12th. Sessions on the 13th will be 'Completed Research' sessions.
147 students are scheduled to present live at the Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Symposium this year. You can view the schedule of live presentations and the program on the Student Schedule page and view this pdf of student abstracts.
The Office of Student Engagement would like to thank all of the students for their hard work on their research and presentations while in some very difficult circumstances this past year.
Additionally, we would like to thank the following members of the Research Symposium Advisory Committee:
- Dr. Philip Brisk - Computer Science & Engineering
- Nancy Cruz - Grad Division
- Lisa Des Jardins - Student Engagement
- Dr. Tom Dickson - Student Engagement
- Israel Fletes - XCITE Center
- Maria Franco Gallardo - Grad Division
- Dr. Erica Heinrich - Biomedical Sciences
- Gladis Herrera-Berkowitz - Student Engagement
- Julia Jackson - XCITE Center
- Dr. Tim Labor - Media and Cultural Studies
- Dr. Bella Merlin - Theatre, Film, and Digital Production
- Dr. Georg Michaels - History
- Dr. Tanya Nieri - Sociology
- Dr. Seán O'Leary - Biochemistry
- Jessica Quintana - Student Engagement
- Dr. Annika Speer - Theatre, Film, and Digital Production
- Sohail Wasif - XCITE Center